Well, it has been almost two months since the big day. Two months in just three days to be precise. It has been the most incredible journey of my life and obviously, it hasn't even REALLY started! :)
The first few weeks were an absolute whirlwind... actually, the first many weeks were a complete whirlwind. We went on our amazing honeymoon, got back at midnight on a Saturday, moved to Cincinnati on Sunday, and I started work on Monday. It was exhausting, but actually, very fun. Now we're settled into our new apartment, going through our daily lives. It is so fun to be able to see Tyler every single day after having a long distance relationship for so long. I love cooking for him and finding new things for our apartment and just being with him for more than a weekend at a time!
I am really liking my job. Teaching 6th grade is obviously a lot different than teaching kindergartners, but it is a challenge I am enjoying a bit more everyday. :) I work at Cincinnati Christian which is a fabulous school. I never realized how FUNNY middle schoolers are! Don't even worry; now that I live in Cincinnati, one of the students leads us in the "Who Dey" cheer every Friday. :) There are amazing women there that encourage me at CCS and I've made some wonderful friends. It has also been such a blessing to live near Lisa, Tim & Laurel, and Emily & Grant. I can't thank God enough for putting me in a new city with old friends. It has made the whole transition even smoother.
Speaking of transition-- I do miss Michigan terribly sometimes. Before the wedding, I wouldn't really let myself think about all the changes that were taking place in my life and now that all the craziness is over, it is starting to catch up with me a bit. It's mostly in the little things where I get sad. I miss my parents, my home, my dog, my friends, my church, etc. I didn't really realize how blessed I was until it was all behind me, so to speak. However, I have an incredible husband who makes me more thankful for him with each passing day. I really have nothing to complain about.
I am still pushing for a dog, but Tyler keeps saying no. :( We'll see how long it takes me to break him down. It only took ten years with my dad!! What else, what else... oh, yes. Our neighbors upstairs are EXTREMELY loud. We only get woken up in the middle of the night about two times a week... how nice. That's JUST what I signed up for! ;) I don't know what they're doing, but I'm pretty sure they have an elephant for a pet.
I will write more about the wedding/ honeymoon later. For now, grading is calling me. Another change from 6th grade-- there is SO MUCH GRADING! It doesn't seem to stop. We'll see if I ever get a real break. :)
Monday, October 1, 2007
Two Months Later...
Posted by Rachel at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
okay, so blogging is fun. :) i'm glad so glad to hear you are doing well! tell tyler we said hi. my brother was in 6th grade last year, i'm praying for you RIGHT NOW if your kids are anything like him! i kid. i kid.
now for a question...do you have emily's email address or maybe their real life home address? :) i'm being a moocher, but i kind of forgot that you guys would be friends with them and i've been desperately trying to track them down.
i'm glad you are so well. married life will bring so so so many surprises (especially in those first months...oh the stories i have!). okay, i should have just emailed this to you, instead of writing the novel-comment. :)
take care, rachel!
Hi Rach!
I love your blog. It's so exciting to read your synopsis of your new life in Cinci with that precious Tyler-boy. You are so blessed in so many ways. It is wonderful to see God at work in your life.
I love you pw. Mom
Post a Comment