Well, it's been several months since I've written here and for that I apologize. I guess I shouldn't apologize, seeing as though there are only a few people who read this thing, but still... I'm sure I will love to look back on this someday just to remember what life was like at this stage. I was talking to Lisa the other day about how often I find myself wishing away this time of life in being excited for what's to come in our marriage with new jobs and kids and new places to live, but that I am working on being excited and content with where we are at right now because we'll never be here again. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense... oh, well. I am finally starting to really appreciate the simplicity of our current life. What is so neat is the fact that right now, we really could go anywhere to live and work. It is an amazing time of life and I am enjoying life as it is. :)
It has been a long weeks. On February 3, my Gram passed away very unexpectedly. She was my last grandparent and my precious friend and I miss her everyday. She is in a much better place and with my Papa which is where she wanted to be. It is so hard for us, but much better for her. I think the hardest thing about unexpected deaths is that they are still very present in your everyday life. I cannot tell you how many times I have done something or seen something or cooked something and gone to pick up the phone to call her. I hope it gets easier soon.
Wasn't she the cutest little lady? :) Anyway, I went home this past weekend for her funeral, and other than the actual funeral part, it was the most refreshing weekend. My great uncles flew in for the weekend and we spent a lot of time together. I had forgotten what it's like to have a "grandpa". We had a wonderful time going out for meals, visiting their old home, and going to the Henry Ford museum. We spent almost six hours at the museum and had to leave because it closed.
Friday, February 22, 2008
I'm not a good blogger...
Posted by Rachel at 7:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
p.s.--you should post again soon! i'd love to know what you are up to!! :) i saw that you are moving back to michigan sometime in the next year or two...big plans on the horizon?
you really need to work on your blogging skills. this is just sad. I want to read about your crazy life. and there's a message for you from Lydia on my blog.
Post a Comment