On Saturday evening around 9:00ish, I received an "all call" from school asking for prayer for one of our teachers, Sam Dillard. We were asked to pray for him as he had collapsed from a brain aneurysm and was in the hospital. About an hour later, we received another call asking for prayer for Sam's life. I know that our entire CCS family prayed for healing through the night.
God answered those prayers in the way He saw fit and healed Sam completely at about 2:00 am on November 16, 2008 and took him to be in Heaven. Sam leaves behind his wife, Lianne, and two young daughters.
Sam was a great man of integrity who loved the Lord with his entire life. I had the pleasure of working with Sam on a few occasions and eating lunch with him once, where it was so evident that his entire life was about serving Christ and doing all work for the glory of God. His life just radiated Jesus' love. What an incredible example. I wonder if I will ever be half the Christ-follower Sam was; I can only hope and pray and follow the example that he left behind.
He was a teacher, a mentor, a coach, a friend, a husband, a daddy, and most of all, a follower of Jesus. He will be so dearly and tremendously missed. Our school is already a different place without him. He has left a legacy.
"Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead...
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise... I will rise"
Sam, friend, we miss you already. Thanks for all you did for us and the legacy you left behind. You are loved. This is a picture of Sam that truly captures what he was all about. I can just picture him like this at the feet of Jesus. I am sure he was welcomed into Heaven hearing, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"
Monday, November 17, 2008
A Great Man
Posted by Rachel at 5:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this post made me cry... you are such a sincere soul, rachel.
Thnans for sharing this. This is not only a testimony to the greatness and goodness of God, but also to the faithfulness of His people, including you and Sam. See ya tonight. Love ya, girl.
Post a Comment