Well, ya'll are probably wondering where I ran off to and died. Never fear. I have returned.
I have been MIA because I traveled to Poland for a short term missions trip. It was nothing short of a delight. I got to work with missionary kids and their families and it was such a rich time for me. I met a new kindred spirit (Anne Shirley, anyone?), Michelle. Have you ever met someone where you instantly connect as precious friends? It was such a blessing for me. Hopefully Tyler and I will be able to go out to California next summer to spend time with Wes, Michelle, and Sidney.
Anyway, I promise that not only will I give you an entry of substance sometime very soon, but I will also give you Part 2 of A Bug's Life. I promise you-- this is one entry you will not want to miss.
In the mean time, I would like to pull a "BooMama" and give you all a taste of some of my favorite things out there on the Internets right now. And yes, I did pluralize Internet and no, I do not care. I'm an individual, and by golly, I like myself.
I digress.
And here goes.
--I adored this post by my sweet (IRL* and bloggy) friend, Lindsey. I can identify with it so much. Girls, for those of you who are blessed enough to live by your families, do not take a moment for granted! Linds, can I get an amen!?
--I want to share with you two things that I love an appropriate amount: bacon and BooMama. So therefore, I almost peed myself when she wrote a post on bacon. She also included a recipe that includes bacon, shrimp, butter, Old Bay, garlic, hot sauce, and OH, DID I MENTION BACON? Loves it.
--A revelation from one of my favorite bloggy friends, Mandy. A revelation that I will be trying, by the way.
--Bill O'Reilly's take on the whole Michael Jackson situation-- I do love when someone just says it like it is. Do I always agree with Bill? NO! I do, however, agree with the fact that we need to move on with our lives, America. Don't get me wrong; I have been carefully formulating a MJ post because he truly was one of my favorite entertainers, but he was just that to me-- an entertainer, not a saint. On with the show.
That's all for now. However, as I sit here as my husband watches Deadliest Catch, I would like to proclaim ALL PRAISE BE TO GOD THAT HE HAS NEVER AND HOPEFULLY WILL NEVER ASK ME TO BE A CRAB FISHERMAN BECAUSE, TRULY, I'D RATHER NEVER EAT CRAB AGAIN THAN GO OUT ON A BOAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEA AND SUFFER FROM STAGE 1 HYPOTHERMIA AND SEA SICKNESS ALL THE STINKIN' TIME.
Amen and amen.
P.S. I missed ya'll so terribly when I was gone.
*IRL=In Real Life
Monday, July 13, 2009
I'm Here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
http://forum.ido.com.sg/index.php?showtopic=277
Welcome back!! And oh yes, I'm down with the bosom friend business. Shout-out to Anne. Wha wha! Fo' shizzle. Holla! Or some-such thing like that. (I'm way to white and dorky for this string of phrases)
Thanks for the shout-out! You will NOT regret trying this revelation. And it's only $2.50 (for a Grande). Probably adds about 1,000 g of sugar, but I hear that's good for you now? Maybe not. :)
Amen! So glad you're back, and wishing you lived closer too :)
Linds
Post a Comment