Today, I saw a Tweet that Krysta wrote. She included a link and something about crying while watching a movie trailer. Well, I happen to think that she has great taste so I was very curious to see what this whole crying business was all about.
Y'all, I cried all my makeup right off of my face.
I am a sucker for a great movie. I am an even bigger sucker for a great movie that is based on a true story. And HAVE MERCY, is this a great true story.
I would give you a little summary, but I think it would be better for you to join me for a boat ride in The River of Tears and watch the trailer before you go any further.
DID YOU NOT HEAR ME SAY HAVE MERCY A MOMENT AGO? Can I get an amen? If you can watch that without crying, you may have to check to see if you're a robot.
It is based on a book that I think is mostly comparing Michael's story to a football move. Now, I know nothing about football, but I am definitely going to try and read this book before seeing the movie. I just put it on hold at the library, as a matter of fact. Although one of my pet peeves is when I read a fabulous book and the movie does it horrible, terrible justice... cough, MY SISTERS KEEPER, cough.
I don't think we're going to have a problem with this movie, folks. I just don't see that happening. After all, it stars my girl, Sandra Bullock, and I've never had an issue with her.
Have a great night and let me know if you've read this book!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
The Blind Side
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMG...so good. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see it!
This might be the 4th movie I make my husband take me to!!! I don't get many chances to do that.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sandra Bullock (never been disappointed by her either.) And do you know how happy I am that it's a FOOTBALL movie?! (When they started showing football, I started crying harder.) you have no idea how useful that information will be in getting James interested!!!!!
I'm so excited about this!!! hurry up November!!
Well, I am indeed a robot, but if helps you any I never cry. But I do love Sandra Bullock!
That does look really good...thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment