Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Go into labor, already!

By nature, I am not a patient person. I have gotten better over the years, but in general, I do not exude the spiritual gift of waiting patiently. I can wait for something, but I don't wait well.

Today, I am waiting. Dana is due with her second baby today. Sweet boy needs to hurry up and get himself out and into the world because RACHEL WANTS TO HOLD HIM. However, if history repeats itself, I will be waiting a while longer because her daughter Malia was five days late. Today, Malia turns 14 months.

Yes, you heard that right. Baby boy and Malia will be only 14 months apart. You can pray for Dana.

Luckily, Malia is the best baby on the planet and I know baby boy will be just as perfect. It also helps that Dana is one of the best mothers I have ever come in contact with, so she'll be fine. But you can still pray for her. She had Malia (all nine pounds of her) 100% naturally and she is going to have her darling boy the exact same way. She is my hero.

In the mean time, I will be getting my love and snuggles from this sweet girl until her brother shows up. We are the best of friends. Hopefully I'll be back to introduce you to the little man in just a few short days at most. If not, I'm gonna have to have words with Dana. Since she can control that, you know.

At my house this summer, Malia discovered my Mallow Cups. She would pick my favorite thing to hold onto for dear life.


This is what she looks like when she is happier than a clam. Those are peas (or broccoli?) in her mouth. Girlfriend loves. To. Eat.



She is just the happiest girl. I love that about her!



Just thinking about life.

She was really good about wearing her lifejacket, but that didn't mean she liked it.

No more lifejacket!


0 comments: