I used to strong dislike Mondays. I still dislike Mondays, however, the strong part is gone and that is thanks to Not Me! Mondays by MckMama. What a stroke of genius. Hallelujah to the fact that she decided to follow the prompt of God to start this wonderful little gem.
I had one doozy of a week. Is doozy even a word? I don't even care at this point...
I did not spill some egg on the floor and wipe it up with a Clorox wipe. I did not consequently think that it was a great idea to wash the floor with Clorox wipes and wipe a large chunk of my floor with Clorox wipes until I realized what a stupid idea it really was.
On Friday, I did not have to turn my back to my class, count to 20, and then turn back around to deal with some of them because they would. not. be. QUIET. My precious babies are always total angels because I am an AWESOME teacher.
I did not pass out multiplication tile bags (20 tiles per bag) to each student and ask them to calculate what 6 groups of 4 would be. I did not truly think, for a while, that 6x4=20 and then, when a child politely informed me that "THERE AREN'T ENOUGH TILES HERE!", I most certainly did not realize my mistake and say, "Hey! I tricked ya!"
I was not extremely slightly irritated this morning when they showed our President Elect on "Meet the Press" admitting that he is still a smoker.
I did not miss my best friends so much this week that I looked at pictures of us all for about an hour and cried about how I want to see them immediately and how I miss having them close. I did not seriously try to figure out some way for us all to live by each other soon. I also don't know the number of days until I see them next... 12? What does that mean?
I am not storing my husband's Christmas gifts in the trunk of my car and I did not tell him that under NO circumstances is he to go back there. I am much more responsible than that and I always find great hiding places for gifts.I did not get irrationally excited on the inside when my husband made a comment about buying a new baby-friendly car once I get pregnant. I did not try to read into this statement as much as possible until I couldn't read anything else into it. Poor man.
And I am not wearing the pants that I have blogged about twice before. And if I was wearing the pants, I would definitely not admit that I was. Maybe I need to rename my blog something regarding pants...
Have a great Monday!


3 comments:
Hey there awesome teacher... my classroom brings me to the silent countdown sometimes too. Here's to patience and understanding always being with you in the class!
Your "Not Me's" are hilarious! I know how you feel about your friends...We are schedlued to move again next year and I'm trying to figure out away to bring them all with me. Good luck with your students!
Rachel I love this!
Haha, I DO NOT ask Josh like once a week if we really have to wait 2.5 more years to have kids. And I DO NOT pout when he says 'yes.'
And I DID NOT cry from jealously when my friend told me she was pregnant on Sunday.
Post a Comment