Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stuffy Nose... Ick.

Today, I am one sick cookie. I am calling it as either a bad cold or a sinus infection. Either way, I spent the day in bed with aches, chills, a dull headache and lots of sneezing. I missed my little ones today, but I knew I would not be in tip top shape if I had gone to school this way. I went through an entire box of tissue in a matter of just a few hours! It was NOT a small box, either. Praise the Lord for Puffs with Lotion and Vaseline for my poor, red nose. Also, praise the Lord for substitute teachers!!! We could not do it without them. If you are a sub, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I will be going back to work tomorrow barring any worsening of my nose problems. We have Cougar Mall, which can be explained another time (trust me!), and Fridays are generally a little bit more low key in my room. If I explain to my sweeties that Mrs. H doesn't feel good, they quiet down and are more obedient than usual. They also will give me more hugs, which is totally fine with me! :)

This weekend will be full of Christmas stuff and time with my handsome man. Tomorrow, we are going to try and catch dinner and a movie if I feel up to it. If not, we will do dinner and a movie right here at home and it will be just as lovely. I think we are going to wrap Christmas gifts and I am going to MAKE some Christmas gifts on Saturday. Yes, I said "make". I am not the craftiest, but I do try and I am going to try something new this weekend. I will update next week if it goes according to plan. I think it will. :)

A few weeks ago, I heard a first grader say at the end of his prayer, "Have a very happy birthday, Jesus!" I love, love, love that childlike wish. I'm trying to remember this year more than ever that without our Savior, we wouldn't have this holiday! We are blessed. Happy birthday, Jesus!

**Friends, would you join me in prayer for my friend Jennifer's sister, Connie? You can read about it here on her blog. I know Jen is very close to her sister and this has got to be so frightening for her entire family. Please pray that the Lord would erase all questionable cells from her body and give the family peace. I work with Jen and she is a sweet friend and a great teacher. Please pray that the Lord would give Jen focus with her kids and students as she waits to find out the results of these tests.


2 comments:

Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

hope your feeling better!

Hayley and Mike said...

look at you be quite the little blogger!! :) i'm totally impressed by how often you're posting! hope you and ty have a great weekend--and hope you get to feeling better.