I did not make three of my students cry on Friday. I did not have the audacity to change the colors of two of those three because they didn't understand the meaning of "BE QUIET". And, seeing as though it is a classroom policy to follow the rules, they most certainly did not cry as a result of the color change.
The other cryer most certainly did not cry because I made him write his REAL middle name on an assignment and not his FAKE middle name, which would be Orange, in case you were wondering. He did not insist that his middle name WAS Orange, causing me to wonder if he really thinks it is or that he believes his teacher is really gullible. I'm still not sure.
I
did not cry myself on Friday in front of my kids because I was so tired and I just wanted them to be quiet. I also
did not cry again while reading them
The Other Side, which is one of my favorite children's books. One of my students
did not say, "Who's getting the tissue for her this time?"
I did not cheer wildly when Heath Ledger won his "Best Supporting Actor Oscar" last night. I also did not tear up when they were talking about him and then announced his name. Oh, man. Heath. What a guy. And please, no Brokeback Mountain comments. I know, I know. We all make mistakes. Give the dead guy a break.
I also
did not choose to be a little bit bitter again last night at Tyler for
throwing away my commemorative Heath Leger issue of
People when last night would have been a great excuse to pull it back out and read it for the 1,348th time. Ugh. Why would you throw that away? WHY? Okay, gotta get over that.
I have not already lost 10 pounds. I am not pretty thrilled about this. I do not have 15 more to go before I am at my goal weight.
I
do not absolutely love, Love, LOVE my new
Smartboard. If you don't know what that is, I would encourage you to look it up. You can even click on the super easy link I put right above. Basically, it's an interactive whiteboard and I am obsessed. It blows my mind.
And finally, when Dana and Malia came for a visit last week, the woman who cleans my classroom did not stop and TOUCH Malia with her RUBBER GLOVES that had been used for cleaning an ELEMENTARY CLASSROOM (I'm big into capital letters today; have you noticed?). Oh. My. Glory. Dana and I did not just about flip out when she left. I mean, who does that? Ew. EW. EW.
Okay, that wasn't as short as I thought. But it sure was fun. Let's hope for no tears in 3B today. I'll keep you posted.

11 comments:
You're so darn cute. Hope you don't have to cry in class today!!
I LOVE the new smartboards installed at my school as well. They are magical!!! No tears today...kids can really drive adults crazy. :)
I teared up a little too, about Heath, not your classroom. :o) Have a good week!
Just found your blog! So cute. Love your "not mes"
Oh, this post made me laugh out loud, especially the part about the kid with Orange for a middle name! Too funny! And you got a Smartboard - way cool! I could never go back to teaching without one!
Please tell me that the kids you DID NOT make cry are in grammar school and not high school! So the kid prefers the middle name "Orange"? I don't want to know what his real middle name might be!! LOL Great post!
Found you through MckMama, your blog is cute. I must admit I was a little bit concerned that you made little kids cry until I realized that you were a teacher and these weren't random kids off the street! lol. Happy Not Me-ing!
congrats on losing 10 pounds - that's awesome!!
love the tissue comment - that is too funny!
great not me's!
Great Not Me's! congrats on losing 10lbs! Thats wonderful. Hope there were no tears today...
So cute!
Would you consider doing a post on your weight loss? Would love to hear how you've done it.
Hey Rach - thanks for the encouragement and prayers. And you made me laugh. :) Love ya.
Post a Comment