Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blue Hands

I can't believe I haven't posted on this sooner, but better late than never, right?? Some of you sweet things have been praying for me ever since I posted about my hands turning blue. So, if you were one of those, THANK YOU! The Lord has been so faithful!

They tested me for lots of things but primarily for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. The arthritis test came back negative right away, hallelujah! However, my lupus test was not conclusive at first. After a few days, though, it was shown to be negative as well! Praise be to our glorious God who heals us!

The doctors did put me on medication to widen my veins for awhile. I finished the medicine last night, so the next step is to watch to see if my blue skin returns. I have to say, I giggle a little when I write blue skin. :) I have been experiencing some pain in my left hand, which was the bluer of the two. I will be keeping an eye on them and we'll see what happens!

Thanks again for your concern! Keep praying!!!

Lots of love--


2 comments:

Kate Craig said...

Thanks for posting this! I was praying. Soooo glad it's not Lupus, that would have been terrible! It must have been really scary for you. :(

Lindsey said...

Hey Rachel -
I love reading your blog, and I'm so glad the tests came back negative!
Lindsey