Is there anything more fun than partaking in blog parties? Well, maybe. But not today! While in the shower this morning-- it's where I do my best thinking, you know-- I realized that today would be my day. Check out Big Mama who started the greatness that is Fashion Friday.
Now, please realize that I do not consider myself "fashionable" by any stretch of the imagination. I would wear jeans, a white tee, and a scarf every stinkin' day if I could, but I can't. People would think I'm weird. However, I do think that I have a good sense of what just looks bad/ tacky. I mean, those girls on the dating shows on MTV and VH1-- bad, gross, tacky, ew. Either they're wearing basically nothing or it's a Gap striped shirt circa 1997. And don't ask me how I know what they wear. I won't tell you.

These are not the only clogs I own, which might make me a little more
My fleece ones are just as lovely. Here they are!
There is certainly Crocquitte (Do you see that I combined Croc & etiquette? Oh man, I crack myself UP!). This summer, while in Boston with my sweet man, I happened to see a young woman who was very attractive. However, she was doing everything within her power to make herself as unattractive as possible. She was wearing a rather ill-fitted bright purple tee (FYI, I have nothing against purple-- love it, actually) and bright red Crocs. Take a moment and let the full weight of that statement sink into your brain. Oh, it was painful. A pair of tennis shoes would have been better (maybe some cute Pumas for walking around and seeing the sights). But this outfit took my breath away. Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't wear your Crocs unless you are gardening or in jean shorts and a tee and just hanging around. I wore mine TONS when I nannied last summer and we were going to the pool everyday. They are very easy to slip on and off and you can wash them in the DISHWASHER! How cool is that?!

1 comments:
very cute fashion Friday. You remind me of my little sister who also has that inate instinct to what is cute and what is ewww!
Post a Comment