Technically, it never went anywhere. MckMama has been gettin' down with her Monday self and hasn't let us down a single week. Me, not so much. However, this week, I cannot resist sitting down and compiling a list of things that happened to me this past week. So here goes nothing.
I did not buy the most fabulous nail color at Target on Saturday just to knock it on my ceramic tile floor on Sunday morning. It did not break and go absolutely everywhere, causing me to lose my cool and have to clean it up. I did not take out my stupid mistake on my wonderfully precious man and we were not 10 minutes late to church due to my mishap and bad mood. I did not just realize that in the sentence above, I spelled "due" as "do". I do not hate spelling and grammar mistakes and I am not more embarrassed by my mistake than usual due to the fact that I am the Spelling Bee coordinator for my school. And again, I did not just spell "due" wrong again... yikes.
I did not get borderline giddy yesterday when I got an email telling me that Big Mama is following me on Twitter! Really? Me? My Twitter? But remember, not giddy. That would be weird, stalkerish, and a lot bit lame.
I did not hysterically laugh giggle just a little during the end of the prayer that closed the Inauguration. Who was that guy and WHY was he rhyming like Dr. Seuss? I also did not agree with Sally when she claimed that JT (who is in kindergarten) wrote the poem that the poet read during the Inauguration. An Inauguration is not supposed to be funny... right?
I did not get upset and sad by this article which tells us that Obama has reversed the policy that Bush re-instituted in office. This policy is one that banned using federal funds for abortions. Let's get praying, shall we?
And finally, my hands did not turn blue on Friday afternoon. You heard me right... my hands did not turn blue. As I was talking to Ginger (the other third grade teacher), I happened to glance down at my hands which were not a very distinct shade of blue. Our school secretary quickly made a doctor's appointment for me, and when I arrived 30 minutes early, the doctor's secretary did not take one look at my hands and say, "Ohhh. Let's get you back right now." After doing some blood work and tests, I will not hear back from the doctor today as to what could be going on. They are testing for possible rheumatoid arthritis... and I am 23. So, all "Not Me-ing" aside, would you pray for me? I will be sure to let you all know when I hear anything.
On a final note, my dear friends and "school mommas" Ginger and Viona BOTH told me today that if I need to go back in to see the doctor today, they were going with me. How blessed am I to have such Godly women who love me SO much? Brings a smile to my face... :)
Happy Monday!

12 comments:
I hope your blue hands turn out to be nothing. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Did you go get another bottle of nail polish? I would have!
i was cracking up at the rhyming prayer!
hope you hear some GOOD news from the doctor. saying a prayer for you right now!
So weird about the blue hands, were you really cold?
Great post!
Blue hands? Sound bizarre. Let's pray it's nothing big. Big Mama lives in San Antonio and is a former Aggie--just like yours truly. You do have a thing for Texans don't you?
ditto to all the above, I really hope it's nothing!! Are you in pain?
The nailpolish thing STINKS. I bet that was awful to clean up.
oh, and I am NOT totally in awe that Big Mama knows who you are ;)
Definitely praying that the blue hands do not come back! How scary!
Oh my gosh, I hope everything turns out ok! I'll be sending prayers your way.
Rachel~
I love to read your blog and you got me hooked on Mckmama's blog too! Your new background/layout is sooo cute. How do you get one like that?
I hope everything turns out okay with your hands...I'm praying for you.
Much love
Lyndsay
Hi Rachel,
This is Jane Hager (tarah friend) do you remember me? I accidently found you and find that you are following the same blogs as me. haha
How are you doing/ we just moved to St. Joseph Mo. about 2 months ago. We like it here. Weather is betther than NY.
How are your blue hands doing?
"I did not get borderline giddy yesterday when I got an email telling me that Big Mama is following me on Twitter! Really? Me? My Twitter? But remember, not giddy. That would be weird, stalkerish, and a lot bit lame." -OH MY GOSH! I did the same thing when MckMama started following me on twitter! I feel like such a dork being all excited about that. And I DO NOT check and see if she's still following me every so often! Ha!
Post a Comment