No matter what you think, who you voted for, what you believe in-- yesterday was downright historical. I got to watch the inauguration of our 44th President with my 3rd graders and man, was it ever cool. I teared up several times, like when Rick Warren prayed, when President Bush was walking down that hall by himself because poor Dick Cheney was in a wheelchair, and when President Obama took his oath to protect our nation. I felt like I had chills the whole day. What an amazing thing to experience! My kids made flags and were waving them like crazy during "My Country 'Tis of Thee" and, let's be honest, I teared up then as well. It was just... cool. What a stupid word to use for such an awesome event.
How darn cute is this? I also love that you can see some of the details of Michelle's dress. Fabulous. 
I love this picture. Obamas, just a tip, get this framed.
You can just see how much these little girls love their daddy!
I loved how Malia kept taking pictures. So great.
Oh, Michelle. I am so pumped to see your style for the next 4 years.
Why wasn't this my wedding dress?
Okay, you have to admit it. They are SO cute. I love this picture. Okay, I just love pictures in general, but this is a great one.
Happy Inauguration, Obamas!

4 comments:
rachel--not to worry, you don't have to look far or long...the Malia and Sasha's coats were from J.Crew Crew Cuts. :)
I bet those coats will be sold out after today!
I kinda had chills all day long too.
BTW you HAVE to post all the yummy recipes you've ever made or to be more specific--the ones I've devoured. LOVED the brownie/cookie combo. Maybe you can do have a cooking/baking/food post with links to your favorite recipes? You just seem to pick some of the yummiest stuff!
Great post, Rachel. I love to look at the future through the eyes of my students, too. You captured it well - love wins!
i just read your not me post and kept reading! i totally agree with you. it is our duty to respect and support our authority figures, even when they weren't our first choice!
thought you might like this link... it's has prayer requests for the president every day.
www.presidentialprayerteam.org
Post a Comment