Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Quickly, now.

I have GOT to make this short because report cards are due tomorrow and I have lots to do. I'm talkin' lots and lots. Also, I have a lemon poppy seed muffin waiting for me and I refuse to eat it when I can't savor every last bite. But, I miss writing on here. It's become borderline therapeutic. So, all that to say...

No, I have not decided to forgo "Not Me Monday" permanently. Life has just been insanely a little bit busy. Look for me next Monday when life has slowed just an ounce or two.

Dana (Cincinnati best friend, in case you have been in a hole are a new reader) came to school for a little bit yesterday. She brought Malia who was quite snuggly and has the cutest first tooth anyone has ever, ever seen! Loved hangin' with those girls for awhile and it looks like we have a lunch date on Saturday. I'm so excited to get me some good food and some good girl time.

Cincinnati is feeling a little bit more like home everyday. Will it ever be home? Probably not. But for now, I am enjoying my time here and I am loving on the girls that make it better to be here, like Dana, Laurel, Emily, Sally, Ashleigh, etc. (I'm feeling a little bit like I am a junior higher here... do you remember those "surveys" that you would get in your email about random things and it would be like, "List your BFFS!" I am not going to revert into that. I digress...) Anyway, I'm definitely beginning to be okay with the fact that my Jesus has me here for a reason. Hey, it's only taken a year and a half! ;)

And finally, I'm gonna get really honest here. Painfully honest. Something that I have been struggling and totally wrestling with over the last month or so is forgiveness. Not even just plain forgiveness but forgiveness when it's not asked for. Am I making sense, y'a'll? (You know I'm serious when I say "y'all". I am a Northerner through and through!) It might make it a little better if I was asked, "Will you forgive me?" but those words have yet to be spoken and I am battling with Jesus over this. My Jesus forgave me when I was the least likely to be forgiven and He died on a cross for MY sins. Did you get that, sisters??? I must not have because, yep, let me check... I'm still struggling and upset. Would you pray for me? Would you pray that the Lord would do a great work in my heart and help me to forgive. I truly believe this is an issue with ME and MY HEART, but it is hard and it is a struggle. That's me being perfectly candid. Does anyone have any Biblical tips and/or books (other than Scripture-- got that covered!) that you could recommend? If you don't want to comment, you can always email me at rnoelhaney@gmail.com. I would be so grateful.

Gotta run. Have a great Jesus day, girls. Love to you all!






4 comments:

Tarah said...

lots to say on that subject. it's hard to forgive...especially when the other party thinks they did nothing wrong. it's a daily struggle; a moment by moment decision. it gets easier to let the hurt go, but it takes EFFORT and TIME. When you feel the hurt, remind yourself (and the devil who is bringing it up to you) that you have forgiven and you refuse to allow yourself to dwell on it. If possible..tell the other person too.

Kate Craig said...

I really understand what you mean about forgiveness that's not asked for. So much so that I have NO advice because I haven't figured out how to get through it myself. There are those few people in my life that have hurt me and seem to have no idea that they've hurt me. And I just can't seem to get over it.

Also... I totally agree with your twitter about OSU fans being obnoxious! It's not very pleasant to be a Michigander down here. :)

Anonymous said...

Pray for this other person. Seek God's timing for how to approach them. And then approach them in love. Is it possible that this person does not know the hurt they have caused you? Maybe having a nice heart to heart will clear things up between you.
Praying for you.
A sister in Christ

Sally said...

Pretty much anything by Jay Adams and John MacArthur is good. BTW We are really excited about this new book we are doing Sacred Marriage for small group. I've only read the first couple of chapters but it is already VERY good. I think we will all grow as couples together. Miss seeing you!