Thursday, December 10, 2009

Easy (Really!) Oreo Truffles


Today, two of my favorite things collide: baking and reading blogs! Jessica Turner of The Mom Creative is hosting her First Annual Cookie Recipe Exchange! I am hosting a cookie exchange here at school next week and have been looking for the perfect cookie to bake. I am hoping to find that recipe today!

I am going to share one of my favorite cookie recipes which actually is not a cookie-- it's a truffle. I don't make these truffles often because when I do, I tend to eat them all quickly. The last time I made them, Tyler took most of them to his office where they received rave reviews! That's always good to hear as a baker or a cook. Often times, I think things are good, but it's always nice to hear others say the same! These are easy and quick. I hope you enjoy them!


Easy Oreo Truffles

1 pkg Oreo cookies
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened at room temperature or in the microwave for 10 seconds
2 pkg (8 squares each) semi-sweet chocolate, melted

  • Finely crush your Oreos. (I do this by putting them all in a large Ziploc bag and pounding it with a frying pan or rolling pin.)
  • Mix three cups of the crushed Oreos with all of the cream cheese until well blended. (This will take a while, but I promise, it does come together-- persevere!) Shape into 42 1-inch balls.
  • Dip balls in melted chocolate (I do this with two forks); place on a waxed paper covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs or colored sprinkles.
  • Refrigerate one hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
If you have a good recipe to share, go and link up to Jessica's post! I'm looking forward to checking out all the different cookies!

9 comments:

krislyn. said...

Those truffles sounds delicious and so simple to make! But like you said they may not last long. =)

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, I had these at a Christmas party last year! They're soooo yummy! I'm so glad you posted the recipe, I am totally making these!! :)

SnoWhite said...

we love these!

Longmeadow Mama said...

I make these except I use white almond bark to dip my oreo balls in. Then I drizzle melted chocolate chips over them for decoration. Yummy! I've never seen them dipped in chocolate before. I'll have to try those too. A mixture of both would be pretty on a platter.
Thanks for sharing!
Kelli

Tarah said...

thanks to Lydia grabbing oreo's on her way past last night in walmart i have everything to make these...if only the girls would give me some space to cook!!!

Allison said...

These sound so delicious! They don't seem too difficult either. I'll have to give them a try! I'm sure they don't last long!

Nikki said...

Yum-o! I wonder how these would be using the mint Oreos? Hmmm, may have to test it out... thanks for sharing.

Krysta said...

I'm enjoying the visual of you smashing a bag of cookies with a frying pan. I'm posting a cheesecake recipe sometime soon that I think you will like.

Kate Craig said...

my family makes those! I have issues with the dipping...