Wednesday, December 2, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite (Blog/Internets) Things.

I would like to share with you some of my favorite things this week. This post will be all over the place, so if you can't stand a spaz with a computer, I'd advise you to back away slowly.

This is a great coupon for Hobby Lobby! I need some things to make a Christmas craft, which I will share in a moment. It expires December 5, so move quickly.


I am really, really pumped to make the afore mentioned Christmas craft. I think I am going to attempt this on Saturday. How darling are these? I think I am going to make mine say Joy, but I'm not absolutely sure yet. I'll be sure to update you. Anyone local who would want to try it with me?
Now that we have moved into a house and have a freezer upstairs as well as a deep freezer in the basement (my dream for so long-- it doesn't take much, people), I am able to freeze so many more things hence making my life 84% easier. This post on "Life as a Mom" is helpful in reading a true life account of what you should and shouldn't freeze. It's a nice go-to when you aren't completely sure about something.

While I'm on the subject of cooking, I am totally psyched to try and freeze this
alfredo sauce recipe by Laura. I know some of Laura's siblings-in-law and love reading her coupon blog. I love reading about her frugal finds. I also love this alfredo sauce recipe by PW. I have made this once and it was to DIE for.

Oh my word, the cutest. I can't even handle how much I love this idea from Ohdeedoh. I am recently obsessed with this website. However could you tell? You could make this or you could just order it here on Etsy. Take a look through that shop on Etsy, while you're at it. Darling to the max. What fun ideas for a gift!

Okay, I'm in love. What a spectacular idea for an advent calendar! Obviously, you would probably need to have kids to do this, but you can buy books at such a low cost these days that I feel this wouldn't break your budget. This combines my love of reading with my love of Christmas. What could be better?
And finally, I adore these Hunter Wellies. So, so lovely. We have to gate our backyard since we have a pool, so every time we leave our garage, we have to open and close our gate. Normally, it doesn't bother me, but when it's rainy, the grass and dirt around the gate get really muddy. It would be so nice to have a pair of these for that purpose, plus I think they are a gorgeous color. I would definitely want them in red. If my mother or husband is reading this, then I WANT THEM IN RED AND YOU CAN GET THEM HERE AND I WEAR A SIZE 9 IN BOOTS. Ahem. Subtlety is not one of my gifts.

What are some of your favorite things?


2 comments:

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

Cute post!

Cuddling with my husband

Candles & fireplaces

Good movies

Being creative

Sweet cameras

Awesome music

vivalavida said...

I have the Hunter wellies in hunter green :) A must on the east coast but you would LOVE them, I guarantee it, I'll try to drop as many hints to Ty as I can on your behalf!