Friday, December 4, 2009

Recent Happenings



My sweet Malachi. I love this boy so much!

Can't have a blog post with pictures that doesn't include Malia. I am all up in her business in this picture and she is loving it. How gorgeous is she!?
My first attempt at a diaper cake. I made this for Dana after Malachi was born. For my first try, I was pretty happy with the way it turned out!

In October, we moved out of our third floor apartment. It was our home in this home for almost a year and a half. It was such wonderful place to live and holds so many wonderful memories for us. I have pictures of the interior that I want to share soon. It was such a lovely place and we are so thankful that we were able to live there.
This is the day we closed on our new (to us!) house! She's 112 years old and so perfect for us! I honestly can't wait to give you the tour once we're settled in about 12 years. I'm not kidding-- there is crap stuff everywhere. But, we are blessed and happy and enjoying decorating for Christmas in our new home!
This is random, but this is my dog, Georgie. He lives with my parents, but I stand true to the fact that he is my dog. If not for me, they never would have known the joy that is this animal. Anyway, Georgie has bad allergies and bites his feet until they bleed (because they itch), so during allergy season, he has to wear this cone. Bless his little canine heart. He's so cute.
Here, Ty and I are at a wonderful restaurant in downtown Cincinnati called Nada. It serves Mexican food and oh my the delicious. Their salsa is to die for; I could drink it. I would drink it if I wouldn't have embarrassed Tyler so much. I do have some shreds of dignity left.
Our dear friends, Zach and Libby. Zach and Ty were roommates and friends in college and it is so fun to have them living close to us! For a while, we were only 5 houses away from each other on the same street! Zach and Ty planned a whole evening for Libby and I which included dinner at Nada and then...


RENT!!! AHHHH! The Broadway tour was at the Aronoff and after the guys heard us talking about how much we wanted to go, they surprised us and bought tickets! It was absolutely incredible. The music, the dancing, the story-- perfection. What made it even better was that Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp reprised their rolls as Roger and Mark. It was a wonderful evening-- thanks again, love!
Here's the boy at our school's Christmas concert! He did such a wonderful job and I was a very proud "auntie"!
How many sisters does it take to make the mashed potatoes? My mom is on the right and her sister, my Aunt Mary, is on the left. Aunt Mary is my "other mom". I love her! Oh, and Mom? Do you really need your reading glasses to make the potatoes? I smell Lasik right around the corner...
Turkey. Get in my belly.
Just to prove that I don't think I'm all that, I am including an extremely flattering and gorgeous picture of myself feasting on my favorite Thanksgiving side-- canned cranberry sauce. My word. It's so good. And I'm not kidding, either.
And to finish this festival of pictures, I would like to include a picture of sister's dog, Emily. Yes, it is a very human name for a very animal-like dog. It fits, though. Emily has lost bladder control in her old age, so she has to wear a diaper. I absolutely love it and think it's hilarious. Poor diapered Emily. We still love you.




1 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I love your diaper cake!! Those are so much fun.

And OH MY COW, Rachel, do you know how ridiculously in love with RENT I am?? We went when it came to Dallas this year and I can't even believe how lucky we got with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal coming back for it. Legends. Someday, we'll have to go together. Or at the least, watch RENT the movie together sometime.