I love my dad. He is the man. I grew up thinking (and still think) that man is the earth, moon, and stars. When he is in the country, he calls me on my way to school and it is one of the highlights of my day. I could write and write and sing and sing his praises, but that is truly for another day.
My daddy gave me lots of things like his sense of humor and his hair. And... his eyebrows. Dark, thick eyebrows. Great on a man, not so great on a lady. Thankfully, the good Lord created wax... or the ingredients in wax, but let's not get technical.
I have the greatest "brow designer" (really, that's what it says on her card!). Her name is Liz and I found her on a fluke. She works at the spa at my local Macy's. When I lived in Michigan, I got my brows done at the spa in Macy's at Somerset. When we moved here, I just decided to try someone at Macy's since I had been so happy. That's when I met Liz. We clicked right away and found out that we grew up within miles of each other and that we had vacationed up north at the same place. Anyone else hearing the "It's a Small World" theme song?
Anyway, I love her. She is fabulous and wonderful and keeps me from looking like Frida Kahlo. However, there is a little issue. In order to get to the spa, I have to walk through Macy's. And not just any part of Macy's... the Martha Stewart kitchen section.
It's like heaven on earth and do not think for a second that I am exaggerating. It is so hard for me to walk through that section and not start snatching up objects and screaming like Animal from the Muppets.
The only blessing is that we live in an apartment, so I am not too inclined to purchase decorative/permanent kitchen objects of color. However, whenever we do buy a house, I would love to decorate my kitchen in shades of red and robin's egg blue. This works out well with Martha's current collection.
I just think these are darling. Maybe it's the teacher in me, but you could do so many things with kids and these cookie cutters. I'm also thinking that they would be fun to use to make cookies for wedding and baby showers. Wonderful.Thoughts from moms/teachers? Am I delusional?

2 comments:
I just finished icing a cake and came downstairs to check my reader before I start the awful cleanup process. I LOVE my icing spatula, but it is Wilton. I'm sure I would love that MS one!
We just bought our first house and I will move in about a month. I am trying to figure out what to "do" with my kitchen. I also love the Robins egg blue.
and... speaking of cupcakes, this was just on my reader. I thought they were so cute, even though my son was not ever really into SS. I think I love them with the teacher in me!
http://cococakecupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/05/wont-you-tell-me-how-to-get.html
I've never heard of the colander/cutting board before! That's so cool!
Post a Comment