Last night, the season premiere of Jon and Kate Plus Eight was on. I really don't have much to say other than I am so, so terribly sad for them. Watching this episode was actually painful. Bless their hearts. I know that they chose to do this reality show, but that does not take away from the fact that they are still people.I read their book Multiple Blessings last year. After reading Kate's account firsthand, I truly do believe that they are Bible believing Christians. Do Christians make mistakes too? Absolutely. Do Christians have troubled marriages? Absolutely. The difference is that their lives are being taped for the entire world to see. We can't see what is going on behind closed doors of the people we sit next to at church. We can see what is going on with the Gosselins and I truly feel that as the body of Christ, we need to pray for them.
You may not agree with me, and that's fine, but that should not stop us from lifting them up in prayer during this difficult time that they are going through. They are a family in need and a family who is hurting. I hope that you take the time today to pray God's grace, peace, and mercy for Jon, Kate, Mady, Cara, Joel, Collin, Aaden, Hannah, Leah, and Alexis. I know I will.

2 comments:
i agree. I didn't see last night's episode and actually haven't watched in a very long time, but i have read the rumors, seen the pictures, etc. Prayer is needed.
I would definitely not want to be in their place! It was so sad to see how much their lives have changed with the presence of the "p. people." Seriously not cool. I hope the tabloids move on to something new soon!
I'm not sure how I felt about them baring it all on TV, I almost turned it off because I felt like an invador! I pray their story has a happy ending and their openness end up helping other people!
Post a Comment