Thursday, May 21, 2009

Random Nuggets of Truth

I have so many blog posts floating around in my head. I just need to sit down and write. I have had a jam packed few weeks and with the impending end of school, I will have less time to write. Some of my most recent adventures include my little brother's graduation from college*, strep throat, and an overnight trip to the zoo with my 3rd graders.


On a side note, the zoo trip was two nights ago, so forgive me if I'm struggling to come up with coherent thoughts today. The brain is still a bit blurry from lack of sleep due to giggling girls and a warning from the zookeeper that they didn't use pesticides, so watch out for cockroaches. No, I am not kidding. I'm quite sure that a cockroach probably crawled into my mouth during the night (not that I sleep with my mouth open or anything) and laid it's eggs in my esophagus. Pretty soon, I bet I will open my mouth to bestow some wisdom on a child and the cockroach babies will all come scuttling out. Oh my word, I have chills. I need to write about something else.

Before I end this post, I would like to leave you with some random nuggets of truth from my life. Oh, and I keep spelling nuggets "nuggest". Spell check is going to zing me on that one.


If you know me at all, you know I am a huge animal lover. Animal Planet is one of my top favorite channels. In fact, when naming my "Top 5 Favorite Shows" on Facebook the other day (and I say I have a busy life-- ha!), I was pretty distressed about the fact that "Animal Cops" was not an option. Ugh. ANYWAY, when I pulled up to my house yesterday after work, a gift from God was sitting on my lawn-- a beautiful red golden retriever without a collar. He was so friendly and well trained. He knew how to sit, shake, and stay and by george, he followed me right into the house. I took him back outside and he followed me around while I knocked on all the neighbors doors. Either people weren't home or they didn't know to whom he belonged.


After playing with him for about a half hour, I thought that I should call the Humane Society. They hadn't had any calls, so they said they would come pick him up. For the next hour, Rudy (that is what I named him) laid his head on my lap and I fed him cheese while we watched the season finale of Desperate Housewives. It was pure bliss. I love dogs. The one negative was that Rudy shed like NOTHING I have ever experienced. For the hour and a half that he was mine, I literally followed him around with our dust buster. It. Was. Nasty. I was so glad that Ty came home to experience The Hair Disaster of 2009. I think I have finally convinced him that we do not want a dog that sheds. Give Him some praise.


Tyler and I took Rudy outside to use the facilities, and while we were out there, the people from across the street came outside and realized that we had their missing dog, Zack (what a dumb name for a dog). They were very nice and quite thankful that we had taken care of him. Apparently, he had received a bath and so that is why he didn't have his collar on. They have a fenced in backyard which is why I have never seen him before. I will miss Zack/Rudy. Maybe he will come to play again someday. Here was the only picture I was able to get of my new friend. Please excuse the poor cell phone picture quality.




In case you live in a holeIn other news, Kris Allen won American Idol. Here are my expert thoughts on the subject at hand:

  1. Kris is BY FAR the cutest American Idol... ever. I mean, he's no Zac Efron, but he is darling. I just want to scoop him up and squeeze him which might be awkward considering we are the same age and he has a darling wife/ I have a darling husband.

  2. Adam Lambert needs to get his heiny to Cincinnati to teach a girl how to wear her eyeliner. I could definitely benefit from his tips. Love it and love him!


  3. I liked both guys and I would have been satisfied with whoever won, but I definitely think that the finale was much more geared for Adam and his fans. Let's be a little more fair next time, AI, don't you think?
  4. Oh mercy. Did anyone else get a kick out of Adam's "wings"? I could have died. Also, Ryan's comment on Bikini Girl's-- ahem, new friends, was priceless. Touche, Ryan.
  5. I was also blown away by how precious Kris was when he won. Totally shocked. THAT is how every American Ido should be when they win. Incredible.
In closing, I'd like to share with everyone that I am having a fantastic hair day. It's the first in a long time and I am so tickled. I would take a picture of myself but I don't really want to be one of those people left my camera at home. You'll just have to take my word on it.

Later, dudes.





*This requires an entire post within its self. Therefore, I will not be going into much detail on this grand subject today. Ahem. Thank you for your time.

2 comments:

Kate Craig said...

ohhhhh we laughed so hard at Ryan's "what's new" comment. Well, we pretty much laughed so hard at the whole show! It was great.

Kate Craig said...

Oh, and now I'm bummed that you didn't ACTUALLY get a dog. I completely agree about the shedding. I love my cock-a-poo!