Thursday, May 28, 2009

Favorites

Have any of you ever purchased or browsed on Etsy? I had heard of it, but really hadn't ventured onto the website much. Every time I did, I got a little overwhelmed. However, let me state that it doesn't take much to overwhelm me, so that's not saying much. Krysta and Jenni (both of whom I know from home) had Twittered (Tweeted?) about some purchases they had made, so one day, I decided to peruse the website a little further.


Big mistake.

The initial feeling of being overwhelmed turned into a full blown addiction. However, to my credit, I have only actually purchased two things, both of which I use frequently. I used this fabulous zebra striped tote by MaReRi in Florida and I use my adorable owl coupon holder from Austin Artisan almost everyday. I would highly recommend either of these sellers.
In true Rachel fashion, my wish-list grows longer everyday. I wish to the high heavens that I had unlimited funds because there are so many wonderful things and I really enjoy supporting independent sellers. Krysta wrote an awesome post on some of her favorite things from Etsy last week and I have been wanting to do the same ever since. What a GREAT idea. Sometimes I have a lot little bit of trouble being original, but I want to give credit where credit is due. So go over and check out the great things she showcased and then come back here and finish.


1. I love these canisters from Romy and Claire Designs. Not only are the bright, cheerful, and just so fun, but they match my proposed color scheme for my future kitchen. I hope they are around long enough for me to snatch them up. There are also other matching pieces... a girl could get in some serious trouble.

2. Now, let me state the obvious: I realize that I do not have a child. However, I have many friends who do have children and I love this tutu (for a girl, OF COURSE). It even comes with a matching headband. Oh. My. Cuteness. Trinity's Tutus are so stinking precious. Every time I look at that outfit, I think of what Malia might look like in it with a little monogrammed shirt. Oh, heavens, I can barely stand it. On another note, I don't think Small Fry is a fan of her tutu lately. But, sweet mercy, is that picture precious or what?

3. This pillow from be still is so serene and would be a great addition to any couch. Our current couches are black (we live in a fully furnished apartment) but whenever we get a house, I am hoping to get a very neutral colored couch. These would be such a lovely touch. I am one for bright colors, but the uniqueness of this pillow is just irresistible.

4. I am a sucker for pretty stationary. Heck, I'm a sucker for any stationary. I also love the color combination of soft pinks and a deep brown. This personalized stationary would make a great gift for me any girl! Whisker Graphics has a lot of beautiful stationary, note cards, and paper products. I could spend scads of money on paper, but we won't get into that.

What are some thing from Etsy that you love?



4 comments:

Tarah said...

Check out jessica flores design on etsy. It's one of my old college roommates. She is making me a diaper bag this summer and I'm really really excited about it.

jenni said...

Well, since you asked....

I am currently in love with this:
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.72550133.jpg

and this:
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.68028432.jpg

I totally would've bought a whole party package from this last one for Ell's 2nd birthday party but she's got a 4 month wait or something like that. Bummer.

I like your etsy picks! I'm also in love with tutu's and currently trying to bribe Ellie into wearing hers every day. That and her sunglasses.

Krysta said...

Ellie has a tutu! Why has Aunt Krysta not seen this yet?

Rachel, I made the mistake of clicking on the shop you bought you purse from and they have LAPTOP BAGS WITH BIRDS ON THEM! Are you kidding me? How am I supposed to resist that?

Goodness gracious, Etsy has changed my world. I would apologize for exposing you to my addiction but it would only be a lie. I don't feel bad about it at all..."shop handmade" your little heart out.

Kate Craig said...

Some stuff on Etsy is way overpriced... $4 for a card you designed and printed on your computer?? And a lot of it I'd have to talk myself out of because I could probably make it myself for cheaper... but...

Those cansiters are GREAT. I love handpainted stuff. And bright colors. And painting is definitely something I can NOT do myself.

I didn't know you lived in a furnished apartment... that's so cool! Do you like it?